Exam dates for JEE Main 2022 have been announced. The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) will be held in two sessions by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates taking the JEE Main 2022 exam will only be given two chances, as opposed to four last year. JEE Main Session 1 will take place on April 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21 in 2022, with Session 2 taking place on May 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29.
There will be two papers in the Joint Entrance Examination or JEE Main. For admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs (B.E/B.Tech.) at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), and Institutions/Universities funded/recognized by participating State Governments, Paper 1 will be administered. JEE (Main) is also a qualifying exam for JEE (Advanced), which is held for IIT admissions. Paper 2 will be held for admission to the country’s B. Arch and B. Planning programs.
JEE Main 2022 Registration
- Candidates can apply for JEE Main 2022 Session 1 through “Online” mode only from 01.03.2022 to 31.03.2022 (up to 05:00 p.m.).
- The fees (as applicable) can be paid online up to 31.03.2022 (11:30 p.m.) through credit/debit card/net banking/UPI/Paytm wallet.
- The application window for Session 2 will be re-opened as per the details available in the Information Bulletin. Candidates can submit only one Application Form for each session. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate for the same session will not be accepted.
- Also, Candidates should fill in the Application Form very carefully. No corrections will be permitted once the Application Form is submitted.
Advantages of 2 attempts for JEE Main 2022
- Two attempts will give an opportunity to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they are not able to give their best in one attempt.
- In the first attempt, the students will get first-hand experience of taking an examination and know their mistakes, which they can improve upon the second time.
- This will reduce the chances of dropping a year, and droppers would not have to waste an entire year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control (such as the Board examination), they will not have to wait for one year.
- A candidate need not appear in both Sessions. However, if a candidate appears in more than one session, their best of the JEE (Main) – 2022 NTA Scores will be considered for Merit List/ Ranking preparation.